Phobos + Prometheus Akka.Cluster Dashboard for Grafana
The Phobos + Prometheus Akka.Cluster Dashboard for Grafana is designed to help your team immediately observe the following things about your Akka.Cluster applications:
- The overall state of the cluster - the number of members of each status, each role type, and the total number of unreachable nodes over the past arbitrary window of time.
- Error rates and logging activity across the cluster - what do the global logging rates look like and which cluster nodes and logging which types of errors over how much time?
- Total actor counts, start / stop rates, crash rates, and message processing - this paints a complete picture of how many actors are alive throughout the cluster, what types of messages are processing, how are actors churning (starts / stops,) and what types of exceptions are being thrown by which actor types?
These dashboards are publicly available on Grafana Cloud here and can be easily installed via Grafana's Dashboard Import dialog.
These dashboards are in beta along with Phobos 2.0
- Akka.NET Cluster + Phobos 2.x Metrics (Prometheus Data Source)
- Akka.NET Cluster + Phobos 2.x Message Latency Metrics (Prometheus Data Source) - a detailed breakdown of message processing latency by actor / message.
If you want to see this sample in action before trying it in your own applications, please give the Phobos QuickStart Tutorial a try - it already has this dashboard integrated inside of it!
To install this dashboard, you will need a Prometheus data source connected to your local Grafana instance.
Once you have that up and running, you can install the Akka.NET Cluster + Phobos Metrics (Prometheus Data Source) dashboard via Grafana's Dashboard Import dialog and you'll be able to select your Prometheus data source during that import dialog.
Once you've successfully imported the dashboard, you should be able to see the following graphs: