Supported Tracing and Monitoring Systems
Phobos itself is built on top of two popular open source .NET standards:
- OpenTracing - a popular standard for faciliating distributed tracing across applications written in any language;
- App.Metrics - a popular .NET OSS library that supports many different metrics reporting services, such as Microsoft's Application Insights, DataDog, Prometheus, and more!
Phobos doesn't care which metrics or tracing backends you use - it'll support any that target the OpenTracing or App.Metrics standards.
- Zipkin - there are numerous OpenTracing-compatible libraries available for Zipkin in .NET. Petabridge maintains one that you can use in your applications: Petabridge.Tracing.Zipkin.
- Jaeger - Jaeger's 1st party library supports OpenTracing: jaeger-client-csharp
- DataDog - see DataDog library and setup instructions.
- Microsoft Application Insights - Azure's native APM solution also supports OpenTracing, courtesy of Petabridge's Petabridge.Tracing.ApplicationInsights library.
- LightStep - they offer OpenTracing support through LightStep's 1st party .NET library.
Supported Metric Reporters
All of Phobos' supported metric reporters are provided by App.Metrics directly, but here's a quick list of them as of App.Metrics 4.0:
- Application Insights
- Influx Data